The Power of Women: Past, Present & Future
- Linda Mahoney, Conference Chair
- M.C. Keegan-Ayer, Frederick County Council President
- Jessica Fitzwater, Frederick County Councilmember
- Beth Corbin, Maryland NOW
- Maria Darby, MWHC
- Kate Clifford Larson, Author/Expert from Massachusetts
- Andrea E. Chapdelaine, President, Hood College
- Maria Darby, President, Maryland Women’s Heritage Center
- U.S. Sen. Chris Van Hollen
Presented by Julianna Albowicz, Western Maryland Outreach Director
- Diane Gubernot, FDA Team Leader, HHS Ofc of Foods and Veterinary Medicine
- Najat Arafat Khelil, 1st woman PhD in nuclear physics from TX university
- Barbara Brookmyer, Frederick County Health Officer
- Florence Tan, NASA engineer
Growing Women Leaders
Panel – Leadership Training
- Susan Horst, BPW training modules
- Danita Terry, Girl Scouts
- Carole Jaar Sepe, Maryland Commission for Women (Frederick County)
- Tawanda Bailey, Maryland Commission for Women (Frederick County)
- Genevieve Carmanati, Montgomery College Women’s Studies
- Gloria Aparicio Blackwell, UMD Director, Office of Community Engagement
- Jennierose D’Elia-Dufour, FDA Project Manager
- Jennifer Jones, PG CfW, moderator
- Karen Lewis-Young, Frederick delegate
- Vanessa Atterbeary, Vice Chair of House Judiciary Committee
- Laurie-Anne Sayles, Gaihersburg City Council
Growing Women Leaders: Leadership Development in Other Organizations
- Michaele Cohen, MLAW
- Diane Fink, Emerge Maryland
- Kimberly Scott, The Deltas
- Jodi Finkelstein, Commission for Women, Montgomery County
Getting It Done: Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment
- Holly Taggart Joseph, Maryland NOW ERA Task Force Chair
- Diana Bailey, 2020 Women’s Suffrage Celebrations
Networking organizations – brief opportunity to share about goals and contact info
Take I-270 N to MD-85 in Frederick. Take exit 31A from I-270 N.
Follow MD-85 and MD-355 N/S Market St to Stadium Dr in Frederick.
From Market St, take left onto Stadium Dr.
Follow Stadium Dr southwest past the church. Look for sign on the left for The ARC.
EASY PARKING: Look for Events Entrance sign.
Registration, including Networking lunch: $55; Students $27.
NOW members $27, or sliding scale at the door.
For special dietary requests, please check our event page.